You know the drill, guys: It’s officially the beginning of a new season. While we’re not completely ready to let go of summer, thankfully, there’s new fall clothing to console us. We’ll take any excuse to shop 😉 Seasons changing? Prime time for retail therapy. But what to buy?! All of this, of course! Here are the five pieces you need to get your closet ready for fall.
- The perfect autumn hat. Here are Mieux & Mieux, we’re all about headwear. You don’t have to retire your favorite hat just because summer is over! Headgear is for all seasons. Whether you’re rocking a felt fedora, trendy snapback, slouchy beanie, or an embellished panama, a cute hat is the easiest way to simultaneously cover up a crazy hair day and garner a little extra attention. Find a signature piece and make it work for you. Shop It
- Leather outerwear. I automatically associate fall with leather; jackets, vests, take your pick. Wear them over everything, from plain white t-shirts and jeans to feminine dresses and tights. Though I’m a firm believer that every girl should own one amazing and classic leather jacket, if you’re not willing to make the splurge–or if you’re a cruelty-free kind of girl!–there are a ton of super cute (and generally super cheap) vegan leather options everywhere these days. Shop It
- Circle scarves (and cute scarves in general!). Layer up! There’s something so great about topping an outfit off with a scarf. Not only do you add interest and warmth, but you guarantee some built-in coziness. XL circle scarves that double as blankets are my go-to, especially if it’s fashioned in a chunky knit. Fall snuggles are the best snuggles. Shop It
- Dark denim. Boring? Perhaps. But also totally classic. Retire your lighter washes for the season and grab a few pairs of dark-wash jeans with varying leg openings. Flares are coming back in, but you’ll still need some skinnies to tuck into #5. Shop It
- Boots. Fall is boot season! Personally, I like to rock a pair of flat equestrian boots just about any time it drops below 60°, but fall is the perfect time to experiment with other styles, too. Get some wear out of ultra-trendy ankle boots or their polar opposite, the thigh-grazing over-the-knee variety. Shop It
What are your fall essentials? Adding anything new to your shopping list specifically for the 2013 season?
Liza, Editorial Director