Sweet. Savory. Skinny. This Foodie Friday treat will blow your mind. The backstory? I came across this week’s recipe while paging through Oxygen Magazine’s website…It was a featured in an article entitled “Whitney Changed Her Attitude and Lost 30 Pounds“. Whitney, the aforementioned dieter, used these bites to “avoid caving in to her sugar cravings”, which is awesome since they still sound totally decadent. Peanut butter, honey, dark chocolate? Yeah, I’m in. Best of all, the bites are super simple, no-bake, and apparently somehow simultaneously gooey and healthy. Wins all around. Here’s how they’re made!
Foodie Friday: Whitney’s Skinny Cookie Dough Bites!
Adapted from a recipe featured in Oxygen Magazine.
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 squares dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites (pasteurized)
- Place and process all ingredients in a blender.
- Form processed dough into balls and place onto wax paper set on a plate.
- Freeze bites for at least 1hour–Whitney recommends two!–then, enjoy!
What are some of your fit-friendly recipes? Will you be trying these bites?
Liza, Editorial Director