I have a confession to make: I’m a hater. I actually loathe Nutella. I mean, it’s not just Nutella…it’s anything with any kind of hazelnut– creamer, flavored coffees, expensive chocolates. It’s just not my thing, and I fully realize that my dislike for anything hazelnut puts me in a very small minority. Anyway, this post is for all of you normal people who ARE into hazelnut and/or LOVE Nutella: Nutella Mug Cake from Student Recipes! Mouth watering? Read on to find out how it’s done!
1-Minute Nutella Mug Cake!
Adapted from a recipe from StudentRecipes.com
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 Tablespoons self-rising flour
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons Nutella
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Combine all ingredients in a large, microwave-safe mug and mix thoroughly.
- Place mug in microwave for 1 – 3 minutes until cake rises and appears fluffy. Top with whipped cream and berries or simply enjoy straight away!
Bonus! Dietary restrictions? Check out these alternative recipes!: Egg-Free Nutella Mug Cake from Life Scoops, Gluten-Free Nutella Mug Cake from Gluten Free Glow, and a healthier Nutella Mug Cake from Cook Republic!
What’s your take on Nutella? Mug cakes? Any particular recipes or types of food you’d like to see here? Leave a comment and let me know!
Liza, Editorial Director