Can you believe it’s JUNE?! I totally cannot. Partially because it’s been a super cloudy, colder-than-average start of summer here in Minnesota, but whatever. It’s time for beach days, summer fairs, outdoor drinking on patios and rooftop bars, concerts, road trips, and fireworks, and that’s just in the next six weeks. It’s my favorite season! And I need clothes for all of the aforementioned events! So naturally, I’ve been thinking a lot about my go-to summer style.
Here are the 10 pieces I couldn’t live without all season!
1. Hats. Always hats. Panama hats, cowboy hats, fedoras, giant floppy beach hats, whatever, I’m all about it.
2. At least 3 bikinis, but probably more like 7. If I were to ever be featured on that show “My Strange Addiction,” my strange addiction would be buying swimwear. I can’t help it! Even though the amount of time I actually spend in a swimsuit is fairly minimal, I can’t ever seem to say no to a cute suit and they pile up all season long.
3. Flat strappy sandals. I absolutely LIVE in flat sandals all summer–the strappier the better. They’re super comfy, easy to dress up or down, and come in adorable varieties at every price point. Some of my cutest are from Target! In more splurgey territory, I’m totally jonesing for those crazy Kate Moss gladiators from Stuart Weitzman.
4. $1 Old Navy flip flops. Does anyone buy flip flops when they aren’t $1 at Old Navy?
5. Denim shorts. You guys already know of my obsession/ongoing quest for the perfect daisy dukes, but again, I rock these all summer long.
6. Baggy crop tops. Summer is the perfect time to show a little extra skin, no? I’m super into crop tops for this purpose! I pair mine with shorts, skirts, and even layered over the occasional dress. I also like them on the beach!
7. Lightweight jackets/cardis/hoodies/whathaveyou. I’m pretty much perpetually freezing anytime I’m inside (AC hypothermia, anyone?!) , so toting an extra layer to throw on is essential. Also, I just like to be cozy/feel like I’m wrapped up in a blanket. SNUGGLELIFE.
8. Day dresses. I don’t know about you, but I LOVE being a girl and getting to wear dresses. Frilly, flippy, and feminine, few days go by each summertime that I won’t wear a dress.
9. Bandeaus. True life: I go braless whenever possible–because yolo, I’m 23 and have small boobs–but in the summer, I’m all about bandeaus. I’m fairly certain that they’re just as legit as real bras, are but are cheaper/more comfy/stylish. They look cute peeking out of the armholes of oversized tanks or crops and can also double as tops themselves when the moment is right.
10. Rompers. It took me awhile to get into the whole romper thing, but now I’m all about them. They’re super stylish, easy to throw-and-go, and are being designed with cool new details like cut-outs and special necklines. One-piece dressing is the way of the future, I’m convinced.
What are your summer style must haves? Do our lists overlap at all? Leave a comment and let me know!
Liza, Editorial Director