Don’t even deny it: the way a guy dresses can seriously influence the way you feel about him. Okay, maybe not all of the time or anything, but clothing and personal style are legitimate parts of any first impression. I’m not saying that clothes make the man or anything, but there are a few (‘kay, 5) key pieces that, when worn correctly, make a girl’s heart skip a beat. This girl, anyway. Think of them as the essentials for the stylishly-casual modern man! Sucker for lists? Peep my picks below!
Listed: Menswear Items That Make Me Swoon
1. A pair of designer jeans. The power of a great pair of 7FAMK or Joe’s Jeans on a dude can be, I kid you not, totally transformative. They’re hot! Perfect example: I was a part of a study abroad program a few years back, and the douchiest–but also moderately attractive–guy in our program showed up to a museum tour in a pair of dark wash Joe’s. We all kind of hated him, but none of us could stop talking about how hot he looked that day, thanks entirely to his jeans. So there’s that.
2. Baseball shirts. Classic, manly, and sporty? I’ll totally take it! Perhaps it’s the jersey chaser in me (we all have a little of that in us, no?) or a one-time crush on a pitcher, but baseball shirts are so my jam. Extra props to the extra worn-in, body-hugging styles that show off those buff upper-bodies, too. You don’t even have to be athletic! Just go to Urban Outfitters.
3. A signature scent. There’s nothing hotter than a man who smells delicious, right ladies?! It’s totally alluring, captivating, and sexy…As long as it’s not by Axe.
4. Plain white V-necks. Crisp and casual! I’m obsessed with the plain white v when worn on Saturday adventures, doing projects or chores, or at some sort of sporting event. Just don’t wear one out and we’re good.
5. Shoes that don’t suck. Seems like this would be an easy one, right? Unfortunately, for many a dude, this is not the case! Here’s a good rule to follow: Gym shoes belong only in the gym. Vintage or vintage-inspired sneakers are fair game for casual footwear (think Converse Jack Purcell, Adidas Gzaelle/Sambas, Keds), but athletic shoes should be saved for genuine athletic pursuits.
What do you think, chicas?! What are your must-have, swoon-worthy pieces for dudes? Show me your list–leave a note!
Liza, Editorial Director